Wednesday, November 4, 2009

39 week OB appointment and office shower

I met with Dr. Rebecca Bull today; she's the other half to my OB team (Dr. Monica Vohmann is the other, and our main care provider and Sprout's to-be pediatrician.  They're both family practitioners).  They job share, it seems like, so depending on what day of the week I go into labor, one or the other is on call.  Anyhow, Steve and I are very pleased with both of them and I will not be trying for any particular day of the week. 

Dr Bull confirmed that I'm carrying Sprout very low, but that everything else (i.e. cervix) is still very high, so I've got a ways to go yet.  I have been having contractions in front and low, and some discomfort from ligaments stretching, but nothing too exciting.  It all just shows that, as Dr. Bull put it, I will have a baby out of this at some point.  Surprise!  I'm pregnant. 



In other news, my firm threw me a very sweet baby shower last night after work.  The staff, the people from the title company that shares our office, and all the partners were there, plus Steve.   They fed us spicy chili and carrot cake (trying to get things moving, no doubt), and plied us with very thoughtful gifts.  Special thanks to Jade, Thuy and Eric.  It was a good reminder of how lucky I am to work with you all and what a special community we have in our little office family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment