We're officially due tomorrow, November 13. Mom arrived this evening, prepared to hunker down with us for the duration, probably two weeks or so when the rest of both families show up for Thanksgiving. We celebrated with what is becoming the traditional first night in town Glass Nickel pizza.
Hopefully we'll have a baby *well* before Thanksgiving! I've been having contractions on and off since last weekend, including a six hour stretch on Sunday. I called the doula, Hannah, after 5 hours, to ask if this was it. She said if I could talk through them (yes) then it wasn't, and recommended I get a good night's sleep. Wise woman. Five days later, I'm still pregnant. Although things are definitely shifting and I think I'm close. I went in to my acupuncturist, Laurel at Red Sage Health, tonight, and she did some points to help things along. We'll see if that does the trick. Had a completely uneventful, even pleasant OB visit this morning, too. Dr. Vohmann declared that I have a "happy camper in there".
Finally, today was my last day at work until January. I have some very important nesting to do. I am profoundly grateful to my partners and the staff, who are handling my clients and files in my absence and making it possible for me to take 8 weeks off!!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment