Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 17 update

Well, the bottom line is there is still no baby on the outside.  But I'm doing well and Sprout's doing well where she is.  We keep explaining to her how nice it is out here, and that she really should come check it out for herself.  

I had a trifecta of appointments today - chiropractic with Julie, acupuncture with Laurel, and routine OB visit with Dr Vohmann.  Everything looks good.  And we're hopeful that the birth is near, at least within a few days.  I woke up Monday morning and just felt different.  Sprout dropped even further, the mild contractions I'd been having on and off became more serious, and I've started rocking (standing or sitting) without thinking about it.  As of right now, I'm still having contractions and weird twinges.  I'm very glad I stopped working when I did, this would be pretty miserable and distracting sitting in an office chair all day. 

Mom has worked her way organizing and cleaning through most of our kitchen cabinets (she's sorting and labeling my spice jars just now), and taken care of the baby's room.  Steve has cut back on his hours, so has been around home more and been able to come to my appointments, which has been great.  Brother Adam and his lady, Kristie, drove through Madison on their way from Florida to Minneapolis, and stayed with us for a night.  We hadn't seen them since Christmas, and had a great time. 

Otherwise, we're taking long walks every day and doing a bang up job of distracting ourselves in productive ways.  I feel rested and relaxed, and definitely ready to get this show on the road.   Thanks for all your love and thoughtful messages over the last few days.  It's been very encouraging and a constant reminder of our community. 

1 comment:

  1. come on Sprout! We all want to meet you! The ladies at the Y are going nuts not seeing your mom, dad, or me at the Y all week!

    peace,
    amy

    ReplyDelete